Discover the process for extracting gases from the air. A 35-part lesson series continues with a discussion of fractional distillation. The instructor explains how to cool air to a liquid state and then slowly warm the air to collect gases at their respective boiling points.
- Pause the video after the instructor poses a question to discuss as a class
- Have pupils create a list of uses of different atmospheric gases
- Expects a working knowledge of properties of gases
- Connects new concepts to previous knowledge
- Provides a link for additional study on the same topic