This Expressionist Theater: Crash Course Theater #38 video also includes:
Darkness. Murder. Emotion. These traits characterize expressionist theater. A video, number 38 on the Crash Course Drama and Theater playlist, discusses key themes and works from the period. An overview of Spring Awakening, which inspired the well-known Broadway musical, appears in the video.
- Project images of several expressionist paintings and make a list of their shared characteristics
- Covers the period of time just after World War 1
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Full of examples of plays from the period
- Includes interdisciplinary connections, such as art and history
- Feels somewhat slow and dry