Fractions and percentages are just as useful as ratios. An educational video describes how to express ratios as either fractions or percentages. It looks at several real-world examples to adequately cover the topic, including ratios that have more than two parts.
- Use the video as part of an intervention strategy
- Learners should have familiarity with ratios
- Ability to convert fractions to percentages is necessary
- Provides additional problems in a separate worksheet
- Encourages the use of visual diagrams to help understand the problem
- Lecture-style presentation may not be useful for all pupils