This Express Yourself Lesson Seed 13: Character Development 2 activity & project also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Building upon prior lessons in the series, this reading and writing exercise requires pupils to look back at their own writing, track character development in the novel The Cay, and analyze how Phillip has changed. The reading focus is on chapters 18 and 19 and the writing prompt requires learners to uses details from the text to support their claims. Check out the graphic organizer samples, which will help young writers find and categorize evidence from the text before writing.
- Graphic organizer asks class members to consider the physical, emotional, philosophical, and social changes that Phillip undergoes
- Encourages pupils to use skills important to the Common Core
- The word draft is written through each page; you will need to transfer the charts to another document in order to use them
- Meant as more of an idea than a concrete plan, this resource lacks some detail in the procedures