This Exploring Solar Systems Across the Universe lesson plan also includes:
Scientists have theorized that our solar system formed 4.6 billion years ago. In this pair of activities, learners first hypothesize how our solar system was formed. Using this information, groups then determine how scientists search for other systems like ours within the universe.
- Teachers model how to set up and complete calculations in activity two and then allow groups to finish the rest of the problems on their own
- Needs include an overhead projector and the ability to make transparencies in addition to scientific equipment
- Assumes scholars are proficient in math due to a fair amount of calculations in activity two
- Part one in a series of three
- Includes answer keys, extensive background information, links to resources, worksheets, and teacher notes
- Questions throughout the activities are critical thinking questions, challenging learners in potentially new ways