This Exploring Sampling Variability - Higher Education Attainment Across The United States activity & project also includes:
More education in statistics is always beneficial. Given cards that provide the proportion of adults with bachelor's degrees in 10 random US states, scholars individually determine the sample percentage of states in which more than 30 percent of adults hold a bachelor's degree. They collect data for the entire class, create a dot plot of the data, and then analyze the center and spread of the distribution.
- Team up with a social studies teacher for the activity
- Pupils should be able to determine sample percentages
- Scissors are necessary to cut out the required cards
- Includes professionally looking student worksheets
- Provides sample responses for the questions