This Exploring Protein 3D Structure interactive also includes:
Presenting protein structure can be difficult! Take young biologists on a 3-D amino acid adventure with a detailed interactive. Pupils view and manipulate common amino acids individually or as a part of a whole protein. Choose from three different display styles, two color schemes, and multiple views of the protein.
- Have learners sketch each amino acid and identify the elements present in them
- Choose the appropriate style complexity for your class' level; simplified beads work best for beginners in protein chemistry
- Schedule time in the computer lab to allow individuals to use the resource
- The interactive works best using Google Chrome
- The interactive's controls are easy to understand and use
- Resource contains many options, allowing instructors to tailor it to specific learning objectives