Every 18–24 months, nuclear power plants shut down to remove their used uranium fuel, a radioactive waste. Show learners how energy is made and used around the world and then focus on the United States' usage. Viewers then specifically explore nuclear power, learning how a nuclear power plant works and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Teachers may want to spend one day discussing a few different types of energy; tweak this presentation to include other types
- Not all slides have notes; teachers need to preview and add talking points and questions for pupils where needed
- Must have PowerPoint to use the resource
- Presentation includes high-quality images and diagrams to enhance understanding
- Includes a number of graphs, which are great talking points for class
- Presentation is a sit-and-get lesson and does not include critical thinking questions