This Exploring Biomes in Gorongosa National Park activity & project also includes:
Diversity in a biome leads to some unique characteristics vital to the natural environment. Young scholars use an interactive map to explore the vegetation and climate of the Gorongosa National Park. They collect climate data to compare to their vegetation observations and make conclusions about their relationships.
- Incorporate during an ecology unit
- Have pupils compare the biome in the activity to a local one
- Prior knowledge of characteristics of biomes is helpful
- Provides several teaching tips to help plan for the lesson
- Includes additional resources to encourage further exploration