This Explore Your Habitat lesson plan also includes:
Get a hands-on look at a local habitat. A three-part activity begins with a discussion of the characteristics of a local habitat. Pupils then test their knowledge by playing a game to match animals to their habitats. Finally, they go on a scavenger hunt to find different objects within a local habitat.
- Ask pupils to bring in samples of items from nature to use in their activities
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- Participants should have a basic understanding of a habitat prior to the activity
- Fourth in a five-part Family Nature Program series
- Adaptable to different grade and ability levels
- Encourages the involvement of family members