This Explore the Seven Principles activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
A lesson shines a spotlight on what makes Kwanzaa special by taking a close look at its seven principles. Gift ideas encourage scholars to make and give one to their family members. Class members celebrate heroes and role models of African American descent.
- Set a recurring time to visit the library and gather a collection of books that highlight African American heroes and role models, conduct a read-aloud and have stories available for learners to browse on their own time
- Create a bulletin board that showcases the holiday's principles, including word translations and meanings
- Kwanzaa is a week-long holiday that begins on December 26th
- Lesson parts can be continued all year long
- Boosts positive behavior among friends, family, and within the community