Titan is Saturn's largest moon and has its own atmosphere. An attention-grabbing tutorial allows learners to analyze the spectrum of Saturn and Titan to determine their elemental compositions. Scholars compare a known element's spectrum to those found on Saturn and Titan before answering three questions about their findings. Learners use links to help answer the questions.
- Place pupils in pairs to complete the tutorial
- Discuss final answers to the three questions as a class
- Requires computers with Internet access
- Great analysis of spectral data
- Questions and links at the end make pupils use higher order thinking skills