This Experimental Components: Bavaria Has Issues... lesson plan also includes:
Do you want to be a detective by analyzing situations? An engaging lesson provides young historians with the tools to help them understand the difference between types of data and how to analyze it to draw conclusions. Scholars complete detective games and group activities to identify different types of data and deepen their understanding of analyzing historical data.
- Use the lesson to explain what primary and secondary sources are and how to use them
- Have pupils come up with a list of the pros and cons of working with primary and secondary sources
- Instructors might need to explain qualitative and quantitative data to help students better understand the material
- No prior background knowledge is required to complete the lesson
- Lesson makes a great introduction to the concepts of primary and secondary sources