This Expected Value: Win a Dollar interactive also includes:
Spin a wheel, land on a color ... and win. Learners create a graph to display the probabilities of the amount of money they can win by spinning a colored wheel. The pupils use the dollar amounts and their probabilities to calculate the expected value for that distribution.
- Have class members see if there is a relationship between the grids covered by the graph and the expected value
- The class should understand expected value
- Requires signing up for a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Includes hints for the calculations users need to complete
- Learners can see the correct answer if they select the wrong one