This Expansion of the Inca Empire lesson plan also includes:
If you could write your own history textbook, what would you include? Learners play the role of textbook writers by examining evidence of the Inca Empire. With primary sources from Spanish and indigenous perspectives, as well as images, pupils develop their own explanations for the empire's expansion.
- Use analytical questions to evaluate primary sources
- Create a new textbook entry to answer essential historical questions about the Inca Empire
- To use the lesson, create a free Stanford History Education Group account
- Writing a new textbook entry encourages critical thinking and analysis
- Background information and PowerPoint elaborates on an oft-neglected aspect of history