This Examine Your State Government's Demographics lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How is your state government organized? How many elected officials are women? What is the mean age of your state representatives? Young scholars answer these questions in a research project before creating a chart to reflect their responses.
46 Views 78 Downloads
- Use the resource when discussing an upcoming local election
- Extend the activity by having class members focus on one branch of state government, or comparing the demographics of their state government to the federal government
- Demographics are updated through 2007; have learners find current numbers
- Brings a real-world focus to a government lesson that may feel abstract to some members of the class