Have we found the next Earth? Join the host of an interesting physics series as she learns what scientists know about the planets orbiting the star Trappist-1 during an engaging video. Astronomers discuss how they located the system, what they understand about the exoplanets so far, and how they use Jupiter and its moons to help them in their studies.
- Use the resource to highlight current astronomy research and technology
- Continue exploring the exoplanets on the NASA website
- Discuss what the narrator means by habitable zone with the class before watching the video
- Content is fascinating and conveyed well
- Explains the process of discovering and studying faraway bodies in space in grade-appropriate language