This Everyday Engineering: Windy City Tower activity & project also includes:
A little wind shouldn't hurt a building. Given three sheets of paper and six feet of tape, scholars create a structure that can withstand wind and hold up a weight. They conduct tests using a fan and decide on any improvements to make based on the results.
- Use the resource as part of a remote learning experience
- A box fan or table fan is necessary
- Pupils should have knowledge of the engineering design process
- Lists some suggestions for discussion questions
- Includes a video that introduces the activity