There's no substitute for learning through examples. A brief YouTube video shows how to evaluate an algebraic expression through substitution. The expression of interest is in the form (a-b)/(cd), where the values of the variables are positive and negative integers.
- Have students create similar problems for classmates to evaluate
- Pupils should already know how to evaluate an expression
- Learners must be able to reduce fractions
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Step-by-step solutions are easy to follow
- Very limited in scope