Don't be bored to death when learning about quadratics. Using a given quadratic equation representing the number of deaths per year per thousand people in terms of age, scholars determine the number of deaths for a particular age group. They watch a video that shows the solution process.
- Have pupils try out the problem before watching the video
- Learners must be able to substitute values into equations
- Note that the video uses a TI-84 graphing calculator
- Context may be a potential sensitivity issue
- Shows and describes each step of the work
- Color helps highlight relevant quantities