This Estimated Means from Grouped Data instructional video also includes:
Can scholars determine the mean if the frequency is for a range? By using a method similar to finding the mean from a frequency table, the video shows how to find an estimated mean for grouped data. It uses the midpoint of the interval for each grouping of data as an estimate of the value for the data within the interval.
- Make the connection between grouped data and histograms
- Lead a discussion on what students need to get a more precise estimate
- Assumes pupils know how to calculate the mean from a frequency table
- Includes application problems
- Textbook exercises provide scaffolding with earlier problems