Take a trip back in time as the history of the earth is uncovered. An interesting video lesson explains the different methods scientists use to learn about the earth's past. While emphasizing teaching strategies, the lesson instructor explains the use of rocks, fossils, and radioactive decay from the viewpoint of an elementary through high school teacher.
- Use as a resource when planning a unit on the history of Earth
- Incorporate specific examples within lessons; screenshot diagrams and visuals
- The standard should be taught in connection with the other standards in the cluster
- Offers a progression of skills from K-12th grade
- Emphasizes patterns found within analysis of Earth's features