This Equations of Circles: The Sea of Happiness interactive also includes:
Map this! Help your young mathematicians draw a circular island on a map. Given specifics of the location and size of an island on a map, pupils transform a circle to meet the given requirements. They then determine the location of the center and the radius using the equation of the circle.
- Conduct a mini-review on completing the square
- The class should understand the equation of circles and how to determine the center and radius from it
- Users must sign up for a free login account
- Reveals the correct answer if necessary
- Provides feedback on why the answer is correct for some of the challenge problems