This Equations of Circles: Finding the Equation of a Circle interactive also includes:
It's all about location and size. With the aid of the interactive, pupils explore the relationship between the location and size of a circle and its equation. The learners use that relationship to determine the equation of a circle given its center and radius and vice versa. Given an equation in standard form, users rewrite it in general form.
- Working in pairs, have one classmate graph a circle and the other determine the equation of the circle, then write it both in standard and general form
- Requires knowledge of squaring a binomial
- Individuals using the interactive must sign up for a free CK-12 account
- Includes feedback and hints for problems
- The additional material provides extra examples and a problem set
- Contains an incorrect coefficient answer in problem number three