This Episode 10: Labor Market audio also includes:
Who's a good and who's a service? Scholars explore the concept of the labor market and how it influences the hiring process using an informative lesson that analyzes how employment demands influence the job market. Scholars research the impact of business needs to the skills of those searching for jobs. They ultimately discover that when they are looking for that perfect summer job, they are part of the labor market!
- Invite a local businessman to talk about how managers hire workers and what they look for as indicators
- Research local advertisements to find out what kind of jobs businesses need and how that impacts the labor market
- Requires online access if assigning as homework
- 10th of 21 installments in the Economic Lowdown Podcast Series
- Video is available as an alternative to the podcast for visual learners
- Resource provides access to questions and answers for teacher use