This Energy of a Pendulum interactive also includes:
Just a swingin'! Introduce physical science scholars to the energy forms associated with a pendulum using a simple interactive. Learners adjust the height from which the pendulum starts, then observe changes in potential, kinetic, and thermal energy as the pendulum slows to a stop.
- Assign the interactive as a means of incorporating thermal energy into your class' understanding of kinetic and potential energy
- Have students drag the pendulum to different heights and observe the changes in potential energy
- Pupils should have an understanding of kinetic and potential energy
- Changes in energy are easy to observe as the simulation plays
- The interactive is easily reset to change the conditions of the trial