This Energy—Gifted and Talented Chemistry unit plan also includes:
What has more energy than a room full of pupils after a fire drill? This lesson plan! Explore the changes in energy during different chemical reactions, discover why some reactions feel cold and others feel hot, and tackle the concept of specific heat using a selection of demonstrations and lab practicals.
- Use the video links in the teacher's guide to add impact to several of the activities
- Plan extra time to discuss student observations of the demonstrated phenomena
- Consider modifying the higher-level activities for younger pupils
- Group learners as needed based on time and materials constraints
- Resource includes a handy assessment and answer key
- The lesson covers a very wide range of energy topics, making it a great way to show the class the big picture