Hug it out! Hugging releases oxytocin, a hormone proven to reduce swelling, thus hugging can heal physical wounds faster. Hormones control many things in the body, from healing it to causing emotions, so understanding more about them is crucial. The narrator in the 23rd video of 47 shows where hormones are produced, their types, and their roles in the human body.
- Have pairs research more about the effects of different hormones on the human body and share their findings with the class
- To help classes follow along and best understand concepts, turn on closed captioning
- Video has a table of contents with times marked if teachers want to re-show portions of the video
- Closed captioning can be shown in five different languages or can auto-translate into just about any language
- Opening minute is about sex and hormones, which high schoolers might find very engaging