This End of Unit 2 Assessment, Parts 1A and 1B: Fishbowl on Screen Time and Adolescents lesson plan also includes:
Here's a surefire way to ensure that class discussions go swimmingly! Using the resource, scholars participate in a Fishbowl activity, forming two concentric circles in the classroom. As the group on the inside of the fishbowl discusses the benefits and risks of screen time on teenagers, those on the outside listen and take notes. Next, their roles reverse so everyone has an opportunity to discuss the prompt.
- Support English learners' comprehension by adding visuals next to each bullet point on the Discussion Protocols document
- Lesson 16 of 19 from the consecutive Grade 7 ELA Module 4A, Unit 2 series
- In advance, review the Fishbowl protocol and determine how to best group students for the activity
- Includes a teacher assessment checklist
- Provides helpful sentence stems for discussions