This End-of-Module Assessment Task: Grade 8 Module 1 assessment also includes:
It's all in the numbers. Determine your pupils' level of understanding of scientific notation using this assessment task. The final lesson in the series assesses scholars on the application of scientific notation in real-life situations. Learners write numbers in scientific notation, order numbers, compare numbers, and find relationships between numbers.
- Use as an assessment at the end of a scientific notation unit
- Form collaborative groups and use as a performance task assessment
- Pupils should have a strong understanding of applying scientific notation to conceptual situations
- Provides context for each question
- Includes a worked-out answer key and rubric to aid in scoring