What's the best way to discuss a problem or concern with a professor? Using a helpful PowerPoint, scholars learn how to use e-mail to communicate effectively with their instructors. They discover good and bad e-mail topics, appropriate tone, and how to include attachments.
- Have learners write sample e-mails using the guidelines from the PowerPoint
- Provide small groups with scenarios and have them discuss whether e-mail or face-to-face communication is ideal for each situation
- Audience is primarily college students, but it's easy to adapt for other levels
- Effectively organized with bullet points and bold headings
- Uses clear and concise language
- Text-heavy with no images and few specific examples