This Ellipses: The Ellipse interactive also includes:
Learners explore ellipses by changing the lengths and orientation of the major and minor axis. Using the interactive, they determine the equation of the ellipse and its eccentricity. Given an equation the scholars identify the center, axis, and eccentricity of the ellipse.
- Devise a graphic organizer to show the components of an ellipse and how they are related
- The class should be familiar with the vocabulary involved with ellipses
- Requires signing up for a free login account
- Calculates the equation and the eccentricity as the user adjusts the graph
- Contains additional examples in the supplemental material