This Elevator interactive also includes:
Do you weigh slightly less when an elevator first starts its descent? The simulation teaches the change in the force based on the acceleration, constant speed, or deceleration of an elevator. Scholars control the mass and acceleration and view the changes in normal force and velocity over time.
- Discuss the difference in the normal force on an elevator versus an escalator
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Relies on prior knowledge of normal force and velocity
- Includes worksheet questions as well as challenge questions in the simulation
- Displays both the Fg and Fn during each simulation