This Elementary–Module 4: Energy and Housing lesson plan also includes:
Many innovators are working on solutions to address environmental problems like energy-inefficient housing. Scholars have an opportunity to develop their own strategies using the fourth of five lessons from the WE Are Innovators—Elementary Modules set. Working in small groups, learners design energy efficient homes and present their ideas to the class.
- Have individuals draw a layout of their homes and indicate areas that are/are not energy-efficient
- Ask small groups to discuss ways to decrease energy use at home and in the community
- Requires a computer with Internet access and speakers
- Includes convenient teacher and student planning forms
- Provides a resource handout with pictures of energy-efficient houses