This Elementary–Module 3: Food Waste lesson plan also includes:
Before pupils discard anymore of their uneaten vegetables, they may want to learn more about food waste. Here's a resource to help them do just that! Using discussion and video, scholars discover how innovators are tackling the issue. As a culminating activity, small groups design an innovative plan to address food waste.
- Provide opportunities for students to present their innovative ideas to the school community
- Ask individuals to keep a journal for one week to keep track of how much food they throw away
- Requires chart paper, tape, colored markers, and a computer with Internet access and speakers
- Third of five lessons from the WE Are Innovators—Elementary Modules set
- Includes movement for kinesthetic learners
- Provides guiding questions, extension ideas, and additional resources