The magnets on a refrigerator are stronger than Earth's magnetic force. Watch a video that describes the fundamental force of magnetism. It relates magnetism to electricity and connects this to almost every type of electricity generator we use today.
- Have students create a simple electromagnet during class
- Experiment with a simple compass and magnets to see how the magnets change the reading on the compass
- Video assumes prior knowledge from the previous video on electromagnetism
- Provides links to references in the notes section for those that would like to learn more
- Includes closed captioning for the hearing impaired