An electrifying video explains the electricity portion of the electromagnetic force. It connects everything from lightning to static electricity. Diagrams and a visual aid assist in clarifying the role of electrons to the process to round out the lesson.
- Before the video, discuss static electricity to see if viewers know where it comes from and if they can create it themselves
- Test various ways of getting the electrons from wool and a balloon in touch with each other, such as just holding them together, bouncing, rubbing, etc.
- Fits well as an introduction to lightning, electricity, electromagnetism, and/or forces
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes closed captioning for those that feel the presenter speaks too fast
- Engaging video holds scholars' attention