This Electrolysis: Splitting Water lesson plan also includes:
Explore the chemical components of water through an electrolysis reaction. Scholars use a battery to divide various water solutions into different gases. As they collect the gases, they measure the volume and make a comparison to the chemical equations.
- Begin with a mini-lesson that covers the basics of electrolysis
- Needs specific lab materials for each collaborative group and time for prior set up
- Requires a fundamental understanding of ionic and molecular charges
- Teacher guide includes sample student solutions
- Includes information to connect the process to real-life applications