This Electrical Activity of Neurons interactive also includes:
How do neurons that don't touch each other share information? Observe electrical activity traveling from neurons and learn what it takes to trigger action potential. A video discusses recent research manipulating neurons, how responses change given an enhancer, and the way synaptic potentials add together.
- Connect the lesson to other areas of science where electricity jumps from one part to another
- Share an article about how to increase serotonin without drugs
- Assumes prior knowledge of neurons, synapses, and serotonin
- Provides easy-to-understand visuals
- Listen to parts of a lecture from one of the leading researchers in the field