The candidate with the most votes wins ... right? A short video clip opens up thought and discussion on the basics behind elections and how citizens decide the victor. The concept of political parties and securing votes are at the center of open debate in the 36th installment of a 50-part series covering the US government and politics.
- Hold a mock election in class and vote on key issues in society
- Assign research on how other nations hold public elections
- Requires online access if assigning the video for independent viewing
- Resource includes primary source information (Article 2 of the Constitution) for research
- Provides animations to help visual learners understand key concepts