This Elapsed Time Ruler Sample 1 x 4 Rulers printable & template also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Who knew that you could measure time with a ruler? This great printable resource allows young mathematicians to visualize the hours of the day as they learn to calculate elapsed time.
41 Views 44 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide this resource to students at the beginning of a lesson series on time, allowing them to use it as a reference when solving in-class and homework assignments
- Have students hold the ends of the ruler together to demonstrate the cyclic nature of time
- Elapsed time rulers may be difficult for younger children to correctly assemble
- Create a laminated set of these rulers to use year after year when teaching how to calculate elapsed time
- Resource allows students to calculate elapsed time to the nearest half hour
- The terms midnight and noon are used to distinguish 12 a.m. from 12 p.m.