This Eight Circles lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
We are used to finding the area of a circle by plugging the radius into an equation. Here, learners are required to go further to find multiple areas and calculate the difference. They must detect a pattern in order to figure out the last step of the problem. Some teacher guidance may be necessary to set students on track.
- Can be used as group/partner problem
- Requires attention to detail
- Teacher may need to set up problem for class
- Need prior knowledge of area of circles