Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keynes held different beliefs about economic systems that evolved from their predecessors, and then shaped by their countries' economic situations. A video from Crash Course Economics explains the influences of these men, especially their impact on modern systems of economics in the world today. Graphics and important quotes add helpful details throughout the course.
- Encourage learners to choose one ecconomist detailed in the video for an extended research project
- The 14th video in a series of 35; much of the knowledge presented builds on information from the previous videos
- Watch the comment section, as it may contain language that is inappropriate for a classroom setting
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Clearly delineates the differences between the economic systems, and points out real-world examples of each