While Ebola killed 70 percent of some communities, the worldwide outbreak in 2014 only killed 40 percent of those infected. The biggest predictors of survival are access to health care and sanitary conditions for the deceased. This video explains what Ebola is, how is started, how it is spread, and much more.
- Map the spread of Ebola versus the media coverage of Ebola
- Create a timeline of the rise and fall, and second rise and fall, of Ebola in the world
- Recommends prior knowledge of Ebola and the scare that spread throughout the United States
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Provides many excellent resources and links in the note section on YouTube
- Includes questions we don't have the answer to and points out that science never stops