This Earth as a System lesson plan also includes:
Ecosystem, human body system, weather system. We hear the word system a lot, but what does it really mean? In the activity, pairs or groups of learners discuss how a bicycle is a system and then analyze objects in their classroom and outside to determine other systems in their world.
- Use this before beginning weather systems, human body systems, or ecosystems to establish understanding of the word system
- Place learners in pairs or small groups to enhance the activity as it is question driven; small groups allow for greater discussion
- Activity may last two to three class periods
- Includes teacher background as well as scripted questions and answers for teachers to use
- Set up as 5E model: engage, explain, explore, elaborate, evaluate
- Lists numerous extensions, making it a well-rounded lesson