This DVD Lesson Plan: Thirteen Days lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here you'll find a fine teacher reference for presenting the film Thirteen Days, a dramatic interpretation of the Cuban Missile Crisis during the Kennedy administration. It includes a brief description of the film, learning objectives, a film analysis sheet, and suggested selected scenes.
- Provide this document to your substitute, who can present the film on a day you cannot be in class. Have the film sheets copied and prepared for students, and highlight the suggested time-stamped portions
- While there is no answer key for the film analysis sheet, you can easily create your own or collect a sample of student work the first time you use this resource to be used again in future years
- A free version of the film can be found through a simple online search
- Includes timestamps of most relevant historical scenes in the film
- Questions focus on historical analysis points rather than dramatic plot