This Drugs: Grades 9-12 lesson plan also includes:
What do drugs do to the body and to the mind? What are the dangers of using drugs? How can teens respond to the pressure to use drugs? After reading a series of articles related to drug use and abuse, class members prepare a skit to present to the class that captures what they have learned.
- Divide the class into seven groups, assign a different article to each group, and have them use the article as a basis for a research project that results in a presentation of their findings
- Lesson is designed for high school students, but is applicable to middle schoolers as well
- The peer pressure article provides specific strategies for resisting peer pressure
- Each of the articles provides links to resources that provide more detailed information
- Designed for the National Health Standards
- The four-page packet includes a teacher's guide, links to the related articles, discussion questions, lesson plans, worksheets, and activities