This Drug Adherence and Resistance interactive also includes:
The FDA approved more than 25 drugs to treat HIV—and often people must use them in combination. One of the largest challenges with these medications happens due to patient error. Class members use an interactive to learn about drug adherence, drug resistance, and experiments.
- Before sharing the presentation, use the activity on slide five with your students
- Discuss what happens when people don't take antibiotics as prescribed
- Relies on prior knowledge of HIV and drug resistance
- Shares crucial data in a non-threatening way
- Includes hands-on, research-driven activities along with lecture videos, data tables, and more
- Connects biology and psychology