This Dress for Success activity & project also includes:
Dressing for success is not always about looking sharp. Sometimes it is about staying warm and dry. Present your class with an activity that challenges groups of pupils to design a layered material for blizzard conditions. The teams test different combinations of materials in simulated environments to determine the best combination for their prototype.
- After the groups determine their new material, have them design clothing using that material
- Gather several different types of material swatches
- Set up a testing area for the groups to test their materials
- The second part in a 12-part series
- The testing protocols are open to allow for the groups to determine the best way to test the fabrics
- The worksheet comes in a .doc format in case you want to make edits to the procedure