This Dred Scott v. Sanford lesson plan also includes:
Dred Scott v. Sanford was a watershed moment for the country—and a key moment leading up to the Civil War. Using videos and analytical worksheets, scholars consider the facts of the case and then develop their own arguments before the high court. After they finish, they discuss the effects of the tragic moment in American history.
- Have pupils simulate arguments before the Supreme Court in the Dred Scott case
- Adapt discussion questions for an extension or breakout activity
- It's easy for teachers to create a free account
- Structured activity allows for scaffolding of a complicated legal case
- Resource combines a variety of modalities for instruction